Submissions are OPEN from July 12 – August 24 for Issue 11: Governance (see below).
Speculative City publishes provocative works that are centered within a cityscape.
We are looking for fiction, poetry, and essays within the theme of the magazine’s upcoming issue (governance, see below). Writers published will be paid $20-$55 according to the category and length of their submission. We do not include submissions with lengths exceeding 5500 words.
- All submissions should be the original, unpublished work of the submitter.
- We will accept simultaneous submissions, but please inform us if the submission has been accepted by another publication.
- We do not accept multiple submissions for fiction or essays.
- Please submit word (.doc, .docx) or rich text format (.rtf) files and format your submission according to our format guide.
- Please send all inquiries to info @ speculativecity .com .
- We try to respond to all submissions, but as a team of two, we may not always be able to.
All submissions should be sent through Green Submissions. Green Submissions requires users to create an account. Please see link to sign up and submit at https://greensubmissions.com/1024/speculative-city/index.php.
Before submitting work, please also be familiar with our contract.
noun|gov·er·nance | / ‘gəv–ər-nəns /
Definition of GOVERNANCE
- the management and administration of a country or group of individuals