SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Speculative City publishes provocative works that are centered within a cityscape. Although all are welcome to submit, special consideration is given to creators and characters often underrepresented in speculative fiction, such as people of color, queer people, working-class people, and people with disabilities (this list is not exhaustive and acts as an example of the types of voices we wish to hear and show).
Each issue features fiction, poetry, and essays within a specific theme (for example, Winter 2018’s theme is GROTESQUE). Writers published are paid $20-$75 according to the category and length of their submission. We are hard-pressed to include submissions with a length exceeding 7500 words.
- All submissions should be the original, unpublished work of the submitter.
- We will accept simultaneous submissions, but please inform us if the submission has been accepted by another publication.
- We do not accept multiple submissions for fiction or essays.
- Please send any questions to info @ speculativecity.com.
- We try to respond to all submissions within 60 days.
All submissions should be sent through Green Submissions. Green Submissions requires users to create an account. Please see link to sign up and submit at https://greensubmissions.com/1024/speculative-city/index.php.
Before submitting work, please also be familiar with our contract.